Aug 24, 2017
Raising teens can sometimes leave you feeling clueless. Maybe your daughter is sad about not being friends with someone anymore. Maybe you find that your son often suffers silently when dealing with changes in relationships. Or, you feel like you’re searching for a way to relate to your child as she seeks her independence.
In this episode, Dr. Carmen talks with Nicole Burgess a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and host of her own podcast titled Launching Your Daughter. Nicole discusses how to help teens handle bullying, the parent’s role in helping her/his child navigate changes in friendships, and what to do when teens give one-word responses. If you have an adolescent or teen, you don’t want to miss this episode.
Nicole is passionate about helping teen girls and providing parent coaching for mothers who need support in decreasing overwhelm and exhaustion. She is licensed in Indiana and California and provides services through her company Burgess Counseling and Consulting, LLC.
Send us your burning questions or biggest breakthroughs about raising your teen. Email Dr. Carmen Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will learn in this episode:
• The uniqueness of preteens, tweens, and teens
• A child’s need for autonomy and support from parents
• The importance of helping teens examine ‘why’ they like certain friends
• Helping your child understand that changes in friendships are normal
• Ways to teach your teen about self-care in relationships
• Ways to deal with bullying effectively
• Communication techniques for talking to teens?
• Mantras for navigating difficult times with your children
• Knowing what to share and what not to share
• Differences in impulse control in parents and teens
• Why using your children as translators can be challenging
• Easing the transition to high school, college, and beyond
Connect with Dr. Carmen Roman:
Website – www.emotionsinharmony.com
Email her at email@example.com
Our guest information:
Podcast: Launching Your Daughter http://nicolecburgess.com/launchingyourdaughter/
Nicole’s Website: www.nicolecburgess.com